Thursday 22 March 2007

The day I got a 'yes'!

After years of asking the day arrived when my parents relented and agreed that i could have a puppy of my own.

We currently have two family dogs, a 4 year old springer spaniel bitch named Megan and a 14 year old springer x collie bitch named Bessie.
Both are fantastic dogs but I felt i wanted a dog of my own, to compete with and be my permanent companion for the years to come.

My parents agreed that i could choose whichever dog i wanted the only condition being that it had to be a bitch - fair enough!

I had seen a Large Munsterlander at Crufts last year and it was love at first sight. I was lucky enough to spot a second one in Croatia while i was on holiday (she belonged to a friendly German family who were also on holiday) and i knew this was the breed for me.

I was aware of the low number of litters of Munsterlanders in the UK and thought that I may have to settle for a more common breed, perhaps a second springer spaniel. So imagine my excitement when i discovered a lovely litter of 13 had just been born and that there were still 3 bitches available - I've never contacted someone so fast in my entire life!!

It all went from there :)

1 comment:

~d~ said...

Hello Sarah! Just found your blog - mine is www.ramdj.blogspot.com.

Happy blogging - Daniel